Thank you to parents, students and staff for being a partner in preventing the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). COVID-19 remains low risk in our community. Glenn County continues to have no cases. School officials have partnered with the local health officials to monitor and prepare for this virus.
Much has been learned, and continues to be learned about this virus. Based on current information, health officials recommend the same steps we use to prevent the spread of everyday illnesses such as the common cold or the flu. Everyone can take part in keeping our community healthy by:
- Washing hands often for at least 20 seconds. If this is not possible, use a 60-90% alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands;
- avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- stay home if you are sick;
- cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze; and,
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We ask the parent community to support healthy habits to keep their children safe from illness. The school community is working with local health officials to prepare for future steps should this virus make its way to our community.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19, please access information from the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at:
Or California Department of Public Health:
Additionally, our school nurse, Kylee Paulos, may be contacted for health related questions at 865-1267, ext. 2092.
Glenn County Public Health can be reached at 934-6588.
Thank you for helping us keep our community healthy. Mrs. Baker